Bard in the Botanics present
By William Shakespeare
Directed by Gordon Barr
Tue 2 & Wed 3 August at 7.30pm
NOTICE: VENUE CHANGE FOR WED3 AUGUST PERFORMANCE
Unfortunately due to the prospect of heavy rainfall later today the management of Bard in the Botanics has taken the decision to move the venue for tonight’s production of Macbeth.
The performance will now take place in the Auditorium at Dundee Rep Theatre and will commence at 7.30pm. The show will run for approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes without an interval and should finish by 9.20pm. Seating will be unreserved.
The Rep Bar will be open before the show, however, unfortunately, the Restaurant is unable to serve food this evening. We would ask that you no longer bring any picnic items or alcohol into the building as this would contravene our licence.
Apologies for this last minute change to your plans and the prospect of eating al fresco, however, I’m sure you’ll still have a great evening and keep dry to boot!
“What’s done cannot be undone”
A prophesy is made – Macbeth shall be king - but the only way to achieve the crown is murder. Supported and encouraged by his wife, the deed is done but “blood will have blood” and soon their actions return to haunt them both. Having ripped away the veneer of respectability and plunged into evil, this once glamorous couple descend in to a hell of their own making, their relationship and their sanity tested to breaking point in this tense, dramatic thriller.
As we celebrate Shakespeare’s 400th Anniversary, Bard in the Botanics – Scotland’s biggest and best-loved Shakespeare company - are delighted to be bringing an electrifying new version of one of his most popular and enduring plays to Dundee Botanic Gardens this summer.
Please Note: This event will be held at University of Dundee Botanic Garden, Riverside Drive, Dundee DD2 1QH
Running Time: 1hr 45 minutes without interval
- Tickets can be collected from the box office at the Rep up until about 4.30pm on the day of the performance , thereafter the tickets will be taken to the Botanics.
- Doors will open at 6.00pm for a 7.30pm performance.
- Seating is not provided, but audience members can bring their own rugs and/or small stools or seats.
- Food and alcohol will not be sold at the venue, however you are very welcome to bring your own.
- If the weather is very poor we have the option of moving the performance to the Dundee Rep auditorium. Although we would endeavour to contact everyone if this becomes unavoidable, please do keep an eye on our website just in case.
As it’s the year of #Shakespeare400 we’re offering you £2 off your ticket if you book for both Rep In The Botanics – Macbeth in August and The Two Gentlemen Of Verona in September.